Sunday, October 21, 2012

Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen


I’ve been developing quite a fondness for felt tip eyeliner pens lately. They are incredibly easy to apply (Hurrah for perfect precision!) and with them you can create much thinner lines than with liquid, gel, or pencil liners.
However, not all felt tip liners are created equal and I’m sorry to say that I was pretty disappointed by the Marbella liner.
The application isn’t as accurate as one would expect a felt tip liner would be. The line thickness will suddenly shift, making it much harder to apply than other products of the same type. The color also tends to fade mid application, looking as if you lined your eyes with magic marker.
What really killed it for me, however, was how… erm… literal the “permanent” part of the name was. Liner that doesn’t smudge is a definite plus, but I want to be able to take it off at the end of the evening. After trying to remove the product three times from my face the first time I used it, I still looked as if someone had decked me in the eyes. This was followed by the use of a hardcore eye make-up remover (twice) before the color was mostly off. I ended the evening with bluish gray rimmed eyes and oil-vision from too much remover.

I didn’t take a picture then, but from this one you get the general idea of what will be around your eyes after application. To make matters worse, this has been used only a few times, but already seems to be running out. I suppose, though, if I ever take up fake tattooing, this product might come in handy….

Final verdict: Leave it!

No comments:

Post a Comment