Saturday, January 12, 2013

Throwback Thrillers: The Body Shop Originals


I’ve been a follower of The Body Shop’s products for a very long time, so when I heard that their Originals line was being discontinued, I was heartbroken. While I didn’t adore every single one of the line’s products (I must confess, the Carrot Moisturizer was a little too sticky for me and I was allergic to the Cucumber Cleansing Milk) I was in love with the delicious shower gels and the refreshing Cucumber Freshening Water. Lucky for me, I was able to nab my favorites before they disappeared from stores and Ebay has an abundant overstock of products, should I ever run out.
But what makes each of these special? All of the following shower gels are a cleansing, nicely-lathering treat, each with a unique, lovely fragrance.  

Raspberry Ripple:

This is a rich berry scent that is not overly sweet like many other raspberry fragrances. 

Dewberry:

Many people wonder just what exactly a dewberry is. A close cousin of the blackberry, it is a little bit less sweet, leaving this shower gel with a clean, green-based scent.

Green Apple:

A lot of people are going to expect a generic sour apple bubblegum flavor, but this refreshing surprise couldn’t be any less artificial. It smells like deliciously juicy Granny Smith apples, ready for the picking.

Fuzzy Peach:

Peach jello. This might a problem for some, but not for me. Why? I love peach jello. 

Spiced Pumpkin:

A lot of pumpkin spice anything tend to make it all about the spice and less about the pumpkin. Not this decadent little gel. The base is a sumptuous candied pumpkin with a subtle spice quickly following it. This gel is divine for hot showers during cold winter days.

Cucumber Freshening Water:

Words cannot describe how much I love this toner. The fragrance is delicious, crisp cucumbers soaked in water. It leaves my skin sparklingly clean and tingly, but doesn’t dry it out. I will miss this one most of all. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment