Saturday, January 26, 2013

Introducing World-Wide Wonders: Korean BB Cream


This week’s review is gonna be a short one, but that doesn’t mean that the product isn’t amazing.

I’m sure by now several of you have heard the term BB Cream being thrown around. This stands for Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm cream and is being hailed as the be-all, end-all of foundation coverage. Everyone from Clinique, to Garnier, to The Body Shop is coming out with their own formula. All over this new product is being described as the answer to all skin woes. BB cream is presented as make-up and skincare in one, helping to clarify and moisturize skin, while hiding any imperfections. Several of them come with sun protection as well.

However, this new feature is called World Wide Wonders for a reason, meaning I will be using it to review great products manufactured and sold outside of the States. To be honest, I’ve tried plenty of the BB creams available on the American market and I haven’t been terribly impressed by any of them. They’re glorified tinted moisturizers at best and neither feel nice on my skin, nor offer enough coverage. 

The best BB creams, in my opinion, are those from Korea, where they first reached popularity, after having been invented in Germany, by a dermatologist.

Korean brand, Lioele, is my favorite by far, with their Beyond the Solution Cream (the pink and white one on the left) being the one I most commonly use. I can wear it for hours, without my skin feeling yucky, even in the Miami humidity.

For those of you living in the U.S., but interested in trying it out, http://www.prettyandcute.com/ and  http://www.sasa.com both ship internationally. 


Final Verdict: Love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment