Sunday, August 19, 2012

Healing Waters Body Splash Kit


Though it is difficult to confess one’s flaws before an audience, I simply must state this about myself: I am easily suckered by pretty colors. Like animal instinct, I am instantly drawn to any products that sport bright packaging in vibrant shades. 

Or that’s my excuse, anyway, for why I ever purchased this product.

To say the least, I was pretty underwhelmed by the quality of the body splashes once I opened them up. Not only do they have the consistency of water with food coloring, their actual smell… good grief. Even though the bottles are nice to look at lined up, I wouldn’t even recommend this as a gift for a little girl, because little girls still have noses, and I would have found myself feeling terribly offended if I’d received this as a child. You know you need to go back to the drawing board when your beauty product can only serve decorative purposes. 


My thoughts on the individual fragrances:

Purple Iris:

























I love bubbles. As a kid, I would go through bottles of bubble solution and had a little box dedicated to collecting all the bubble wands that came with them. This does not mean, however, that I want to smell like a mixture of bubble solution and… a hint of mint?



Sunflower:

























Perfect for those nights when you really want to smell (for about ten minutes, of course, these don’t last long) like generic gas station bathroom hand soap.


Wild Jasmine:

























Vaguely potpourri with cinnamon, with a really dank base note. It’s honestly a blessing that these fragrances don’t last for more than a few minutes.


Cherry Blossom:

























A somewhat upgraded version of Sunflower. Sweeter, more “refined.” This hand soap would be from a nicer bathroom, maybe from a mall department store, but a mid-priced one. 


Tiger Lily:

























They’re not even trying with this one. I just smell pure chemicals. 


Cotton Blossom:

























Dollar store laundry detergent swilled with baby powder, except that I wouldn’t have to struggle to smell the above concoction. 

Pink Rose:

























The best one of the bunch, which isn’t saying much. It’s the least chemical-y, but it’s roses at their worst. Not sweet, romantic rose notes, but the singeing, pungent stench of roses that screams Crazy Cat Lady loud and clear.   

I am not a fan of leaving negative reviews, but there was really nothing else I could say about these. =(

Final Verdict: Leave It!

Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben. May Contain: Blue 1, Yello 5, and Red 40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment