Friday, September 28, 2012

The Gilded Lily Special Event: Exclusive Sneak Peak at MAC’s Marilyn Monroe collection



Hello everyone! I have something a little bit different for you today. I’m doing this week’s review a bit earlier to bring you all a little preview of MAC Cosmetic’s new Marilyn Monroe inspired line, which will be available for purchase at the beginning of October at all MAC locations and http://www.maccosmetics.com
When I learned that the new collection would be featuring one of my favorite style icons, I was thrilled! So last night myself and other members of the Gilded Lily crew trekked out to the launch party at a local mall to try the new products for ourselves.
Yours truly with soon-to-be-featured Gilded Lily Beauty, Lisa!
Bro-fist with our VIP stamps. 
And we were not the only ones!
So...

Many...

People..
We got to see the new products used on a very Marilyn-esque model and got a few swatches of our favorites. MAC events are always so exciting and fun and this one was no exception!





Happy Beauty Blogger is happy. Oh so happy with new products. 

A fan tries on one of the new lipsticks. What a great shade!
MAC employee poses with the lip color she’s wearing. I think hands-down the lipsticks were my favorite part.
Without further ado, lets get on with the review of the new line:
Bad news first…

#1 Blushes (Legendary, The Perfect Cheek): I gotta say, these were my biggest let-down in the entire series. They were very powdery and showed off little to no pigmentation, which is sad because the colors (soft pinkish beige) looked as if they would have been nice.

#2 Beauty Powder (Forever Marilyn): Soft, pinky highlighter with a hint of shimmer. Liked the product, but it’s not for tan complexions (like mine.) Paler girls might have better luck, a total Lend It.

#3 Dazzleglass (Phiff!, Little Rock): What could I honestly say about these two? They weren’t bad, but they were very underwhelming and plain. Just clear lip gloss with a little glitter, nothing I could get excited over, at least not from MAC.

But fear not, MAC and Marilyn lovers! Now that we got those three off our list, we can move onto the good news!


#1 Penultimate Eye Liner (Rapidblack): Super pigmented felt tip liner with seamless application and good control. I was very impressed by this product.

#2Eye Kohl (Smolder, Fascinating): Smolder was nice, pigmented black with good smudge ability, but Fascinating (pure white) blew me away with how well the color applied. It’s hard to find a white pencil liner that doesn’t come on too sheer. I am definitely a fan of this one.

#3 Lipstick (Deeply Adored, Charmed I’m Sure, Pure Zen, Love Goddess, Scarlet Ibis): I absolutely loved these! Rich, full color in sexy tones and a velvety texture. Charmed I’m Sure (a) is a berry red, Pure Zen (b) is a creamy nude,  Love Goddess (c) is a pinkish/fuchsia red, and Scarlet Ibis (d) is an punchy reddish orange. Deeply Adored (not photographed) is very similar to Charmed I’m Sure, but it’s more of red mixed with wine, rather than berries.

#4 Eye Shadow (How to Marry, Preferred Blonde, Silver Screen, Show Girl): These were a little bit shimmery/sheer, but the colors were still nice. I would very much like to use the lighter ones as highlighters in different eye looks. Showgirl (a) is a nice gunmetal, Silver Screen (b) is sparkly silver, How to Marry (c) is shimmery white, and Preferred Blonde (d-fave!) is shimmery champagne.

#5 Lip Pencil (Beet, Cherry, Redd): Though I only got to try Redd, it applied nicely and looked as if though it would match some of the lip colors very well.

#6 Mascara (False Lashes Extreme Black): Super smooth application without any clumps in an elegant jet black shade. 

Not tested:
Nail Laquer (Vintage Vamp, Stage Red, Flaming Rose, Kid Orange)
Lashes (35 Lash)
Penultimate Brown Marker
Brow Finisher

As a whole, I am very happy with this product line!

Final Verdict: Love It!

You may ask how a Beauty Blogger, her photographer, and a Gilded Lily Beauty might relax after an exhilarating event such as this? How about being fascinated by the strange tentacles that appeared in the Louis Vuitton display window?
The Gilded Lily’s photographer, Stacey, appears to be completely enthralled.
Followed by a delicious dinner at an excellent sushi restaurant!
Lilies love sushi!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment