Saturday, May 18, 2013

Throwback Thrillers: Tokidoki Cosmetics

It’s always sad when a favorite product is discontinued. But even worse than that is when your entire line gets taken completely off the shelves. That’s how I’m feeling about Tokidoki no longer producing their line of products at Sephora.
 I’m gonna be honest, not everything was mind-blowing in terms of quality, though I didn’t find anything unusable. And there was a decent handful of amazing items. What really had me head over heels for this line was… well… it was so darn friggin’ cute!!!


On to the items:

(Not Pictured) The Lion Poppa palette-
Good for neutrals with a very natural blush that would compliment most skin tones. The best part about this little palette was how slim and tiny it was, making it a travel essential. 

Tokidoki eyeliner in Sabochan and Tokidoki Punk Lash Mascara in Cactus Rocker-  
Again, these were not out of this world, but they did the job, and you got to show off the cute little packaging to your friends!


Prisma Lipgloss-
Very light hint of color and all-around pleasant texture.


Cromatico eyeshadow (in order: Carnivora, Soya, Adios Star, Skeletrina, Diamante, Romeo)-

These were a lot of fun! Some of them could get a little bit chalky, but like with Ulta eye shadows, it wasn’t anything a little high quality primer couldn’t fix. They also came in really exciting, vibrant colors, great for dramatic gals.


And now, my favorites, BY FAR… drum roll, please…

Tokidoki Make-up Brushes! So cute, I could die!!!! (They’re also 100% synthetic, so animal-lovers, fear not!)

Pittura Brush Set-

These three brushes are ridiculously adorable, each topped with a Tokidoki character (Donutella, Adios, and Mozarella, in order.) There is a flat lid brush that applies color seamlessly, a fluffy crease brush that is soft and blends beautifully, and the tiniest, cutest little angled liner brush. The best part about  these is that you don’t have to worry about using any kind of make-up on them and damaging them. As of yet (and I use this set CONSTANTLY, with all types of colors) I’ve been able to wash all the product off and keep my brushes looking new and pretty. 


Kabuki brush-

This beautiful kabuki brush is super soft and is awesome for applying highlighter or powder. Like the eye brushes, it cleans off very well and I haven’t experience any shedding whatsoever.

Siberia Blush Brush-

I had to track this one down and now it’s one of my favorite cosmetic trophies. This angled blush brush fits my cheek bones perfectly, deposits color evenly, and appeals to my love for all things pink. It’s so princess-y and cute, how could anyone resist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment